You are

Friday, April 29, 2011

No Generalization is any damn good except this one

Before I continue with my post I’d like to assure you that:

1) I’m not a male chauvinist or a sexist and certainly not an MCP
2) I’ve no intentions to hurt the humans belonging to the opposite sex
3) All the incidents described below are actual and have not been exaggerated
4) Please do not mail, text or post anything that I’d not like ‘coz that in turn will be considered as “You agree to what I say, it’s just that you hate listening and reading the truth”

I’d written this post long back but I held it back as I knew my friends from the opposite sex would differ from it (read as HATE it). I’ve already got some life threatening calls from some of the women gang-leaders but the fearless walk free ;)

Yes, I’m generalizing and summarizing my complete post in 4 words…WOMEN ARE POOR DRIVERS.
Enraged ladies- pour a glass of water on yourself, giggling guys- your driving isn’t that good either and ladies who are nodding at this- I respect you for accepting it.

I make this statement not under some pistol nose nor due to any animosity. This generalization has been made totally on the basis of the incidents or rather accidents witnessed by me. Lately I’ve seen a lot of accidents and most of those involved my dear ladies.

Incident 1 or rather accident number 3438728: A Santro is trying to take a U-turn in between a cut in the divider and runs into a Nano moving at its own slow pace and in its lane. The guy in the Nano tried hard to brake. The tyres make a screeching noise and come to a halt but the Santro still hits into the Nano. The lady in the Santro scared with her hands shaking drives off without even stopping to apologize.

Incident 2 or rather accident number 3438729: A brand new red Figo is waiting at an intersection for the signal to turn green. The signal turns green and car moves ahead but suddenly out of nowhere a car comes from the right and both cars come to a screeching halt. A girl with her phone in her hand (was obviously talking earlier) comes out and hurls some abuses to the driver of the Figo. He being a nice guy thanks God that his new car is safe doesn’t say anything to the girl trying to jump the light. Then after she’s done with the abusing she gets back and drives off.

Such incidents go on and on and I won’t bore my drivers with it. My point is that the women drivers are more careless while they are breaking the traffic rules ( and to top it off they don’t ever apologize). My universe is small and so is the sample but then my experience is huge enough to justify my generalization. I initially thought (when I’d written this post earlier) that the reason behind the poor driving is their slow reflexes but after a lil research I realized the reflexes of women are as good as men. So what might be the reason?
Good question (but an easy one). The reasons are:
1) More violations of traffic rule
2) Ignorant of the traffic rules
3) Poor observations (or rather busy observing the vanity mirror)
4) Much higher tendency of talking or texting on the phone while driving

A research report by John Hopkins suggests that in a year (in America) there were 5.1 million accidents involving a male while 5.7 million accidents by the other sex counterparts even when the number of male drivers was 10 times more than the women drivers. (Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9647900)

I’ll end my post by something that’ll ease your driving ladies: Keep your eyes on the road and not on the garment shops passing by. For you to enter them you’ll have to stop your car (at the parking) and not keep them moving at 60kmph. Keep your handsfree handy coz you need two hands while driving. And last but not the least for God’s sake Red light means STOP and green means GO J.

Remember it’s never too late to learn and as a matter of fact I know some good driving schools with good instructors. Call me if you need their contacts :P

Drive safe…it’s better to be Mrs.Late than being Late Mrs……

No comments:

Post a Comment